Let's visit the two popular touristic spots in eastern traditional Tokyo, Asakusa and Ueno.
Asakusa is by far the most visited destinations for foreign visitors in Tokyo. With Sensoji-temple, the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo, the quarter still shows the traditional townscape and you can feel the atmosphere of Edo, the city ruled by Tokugawa Shogun before it was renamed to Tokyo in 1868 with the collapse of the shogunate. Ueno is another classic town which is just a mile and a half way from Asakusa, but shows different faces with vast Ueno park and street-market style lively Ameyoko street.
Accompanied by a nationally- licensed English speaking guide, you can discover the origin of this magical city.
The oldest temple in Tokyo founded in early 7th century by Hinokuma brothers according to its legend. As the most popular tourist destination for not only foerign visitors, but also Japanese, it attracts more than 30 million visitors annually.
- Senso-ji Temple...The oldest temple in Tokyo founded in early 7th century.
- Kaminari-mon Gate...The gate to the temple with a huge lantern
- Nakamise shopping arcade...250m long shopping arcade with around 90 shops
- Ueno Park...Home to numbers of first-class museums and Ueno zoo
- Toshogu Shrine...A shrine dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the Edo Shogunate
- Kiyomizu Kannondo...A temple built in the stage architectural style
- Statue of Saigo Takamori...A general in Boshin Civil War, also the model of "Last Samurai")
- Ameyayokotyo st....A colorful area of narrow shopping lane
Operated on: Everyday
Suggested Start Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00
Tour Duration: 4 hours
Tour Starts at: Your hotel or other form of accomodation in Tokyo*
Tour Ends at: Your hotel in Tokyo, or the last destination if you prefer
*Please contact us for remote start-off options
Subway and local train
Tour fare per group (up to 6 guests): ¥22,000 (+ 10% consumption tax)
- An English-speaking guide service provided during sightseeing and transfers
- Guide's transportation (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Guide's admission (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Admission: none
- Transportation: approx. ¥600 yen depending on where the tour starts
- Every tour is arranged per each request regardless of the number of guest in a group up to 6 and there won't be any mixed group.